Beginnings

 BEGINNINGS

1/11/13 When Did This Journey Begin?

April 5, 2011, I saw a lady selling a Narnia cloak worn by an actor named Michaela from the film Prince Caspian on Ebay. We started conversing back and forth and it was this lady, Dominque Lumus from Australia, who's kindness and patience in answering a lot of questions from me alerted me to a recent auction that was held in the Gold Coast in which a lot of the items used in all three of the Narnia films were auctioned off. This began a wild round of communication with dozens of people from Australia for the next six months and the spending of a lot of money! However, nothing would have ever been bought had it not been for this next individual, Daniel Swann.
So who is Daniel and what happened to the Michaela cloak? To Be Continued...

1/11/13 But Before There Was Dominique There Was My Dad...

Really though, to be totally thorough about how Narnia in my life came to be, we need to go back to my childhood, for it was then that I first entered into the wonderful land of Narnia with my imagination and the nightly chapters my Dad would read me before tucking me into bed. I can still remember those vivid images of Lucy and Tumnus in the forest and having tea and of the beavers, and the dwarfs, and Turkish Delight and of course, Aslan...


1/16/13 Daniel and Michaela...(cont.)

When we live a life for God, we often find ourselves being guided no longer by our own ambitions or efforts but by God's leading hand as he opens and closes doors. For myself, when the Australian auction occurred, most of the sellers were not willing to ship items and thus were available only for local pickup. This necessitated the need for a middleman that lived in Australia that was willing to pick items up as I purchased them from people who had been at the auction and were now reselling them on eBay Australia. This person became Daniel Swann, someone I reached out to on the Narniaweb.com fan site forum. He went around for me and picked up each item and carefully packed it and transported it to an international shipping company. Without Daniel, there would be no Living Like Lucy, for I never would have gotten those first items that started the whole journey.
As for the Michaela cloak and the mystery behind the name, I learned she was most likely a Narnian archer dwarf in Susan's Army in Prince Caspian. I was able to buy her cloak from Dominique, which she mailed to me and later I acquired her shoes from another seller and then lastly all the way across the ocean in California, USA I find her outfit and chainmaille! Pretty cool that it took effort that spanned the globe to bring her all together.



Popular Posts

Image

Aslan's Journey